Skip to main content

June 2017 Reflection



Even though I didn't really do much of anything for the blog or bookstagram this month, I still decided that I should write a monthly reflection for this month. After all, these reflections are supposed to help me grow and improve the blog and our bookstagram, so why should I skip one just so I could ignore my faults and mistakes?

If you didn't already know, I make these monthly reflections to reflect on Reading is Inevitable's progress on the blog and bookstagram and also discuss plans and hopes for the next month. If you would like to see more, be sure to check out the monthly reflections label.

Looking Back Into June

The Blog
Remember how I said that I didn't do well this past month? Well, this is just another warning. So be warned. For June, pageviews dropped to an even lower number than they were in May, decreasing by an unfortunate but expected 45%. I also failed to post at all until the 19th of June. 

Bookstagram
While we did lose followers as a result of our inactivity, I actually am pretty happy with how small that number is. Before our inactivity began, we had around 1,668 followers, and at the end of June, we had about 1,658 followers, only decreasing by 10 followers. We also started to post again the last two days of June.

Goals
All the way back in early May, I made some goals for myself that I wanted to complete for May. However, since I stopped blogging mid-to-late May, I'll reflect on these goals as goals for both the month of May and June.


  1. Nope. How could we change and then keep up a bookstagram theme when we weren't even on bookstagram for the most part? 
  2. We did not hit 1.7k... Like I said before, we weren't active, and... and... yeah.
  3. I don't even know what to do anymore... I guess what's important is that I'm trying.
(I'm so terribly sorry for that but I knew going into this that I did not make any of my goals and... Sigh. That was pretty sad, wasn't it? Oh... well.)

Coming up in July

Okay! Now that that is over, we can focus on some of the stuff we have planned for July.

The Blog
I have a lot of ideas and plans for the blog in the upcoming months, including July. Something that I am really excited to share with you is the changes to the posting schedule. A few months back, I had adjusted my posting schedule so that I could more easily post while still keeping up with school. However, school is now over for the summer. So, from now until I say otherwise, I will have posts on both Mondays and Fridays! (Monthly reflections will continue to be published on the first Friday of each month.)

Bookstagram
As you might have known for a while now, Em and I have been discussing and thinking about where we want to go in terms of our bookstagram page. We have gone over different picture styles and themes and such, and, going into July, we hope that we can finally show you what we've been working on.

Goals
(This time, I'm going to work hard to meet these goals. Or, at the least, that's what I say now.)


  1. Publish a blog post every Monday and Friday. I know, I know: This is a bit of a stupid and silly one. However, it's one of the first steps to getting back on track with the blog.
  2. Post regularly on the bookstagram. Again, just another goal to get back in the swing of things.
  3. Get creative with bookstagram and blog posts. I don't want my blog posts to be little boring things that someone skims through or something I'm hardly interested in myself. And I don't want our bookstagram pictures to be simple shots of just a book in a hand. I think that this will make the blog and bookstagram page more worthwhile for me while also increasing positive feedback and engagement from readers and followers. :)



I've got a lot planned for July and I hope that all of this excitement can carry on into the following months as well. I hope that you stick with me through all of this! Be sure to come back next week, when I'll have not one, but two blog posts publishing. See you then!


Comments

  1. I haven't been checking recently, but now that school is out for me it's great to see your blog! I love the new look and the signature!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would like to hear from you! What did you think of this post? Do you have any suggestions? Then please leave a comment. (We allow anonymous comments too!)

This Month's Popular Posts

Quotes: Audacity

As some of you may know by looking at my posts on our social media page (@readingisinevitable on Instagram), I am currently reading Audacity by Melanie Crowder. It is a beautiful book written in free verse, and follows the life of Clara Lemlich, a female Jewish immigrant who came to America in the early 1900s. (For the full summary of the book, click here .) I absolutely love books written in free verse, or any type of poetry, in fact! This book is so lovely that I have decided to dedicate a whole post to some of my favorite quotes or parts! (Note: I am only on page 294, and there are 366 pages, not including the extra content at the end of my local library's copy.)

Welcome

Welcome to Reading is Inevitable! This blog is run by two teens--Em and Julia--and will mainly be about books, but will also include posts about art, games, and whatever else comes up in our lives! Our first actual post will be posting tomorrow (it will be a book review!) and we would love for you all to check it out! We also have an Instagram page ( @readingisinevitable ) and an e-mail address ( readingisinevitable@gmail.com ), so if you wish to contact us, please do so through one of those or through the comments section. Now, we could just leave it at that, but we think that it would be nice for you to get to know us a bit more first!

Book Review: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Title: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes Author:  Anna McPartlin Genre: Realistic Fiction Rating: 4 out of 5 Reviewer: Julia I can't believe how amazingly wonderful this book is. I can't believe that I put off reading it for so long. (I've had the book sitting with my other TBR books for at least a year now.) This book is beautiful and so well written, and it snagged at my heart, bringing a few tears to my eyes.

Book Review: This is Where it Ends

Title: This is Where it Ends Author: Marieke Nijkamp Rating: 4.15 out of 5 Genre:  YA Realistic Fiction Reviewer: Em "Everyone has a reason to fear the boy with the gun." This book is incredibly interesting. After you read the title and the inside cover, you already want to sit down and read it all they way through. Why else would I read it for five hours on a weekday, and then read another hour the next day to finish it? This story is told from four different perspectives, and the story happens over fifty-four minutes. It is about four seniors starting a new semester when a familiar face becomes a school shooter.