Skip to main content

5 Activities to do on a Reading Break

You can't read forever. Even I, an experienced reader, get aching eyes after reading for even an hour. If you are like me and sometimes end up reading for several hours, you may find yourself not feeling too well. Of course, you could be like my co-blogger, Em, who surprises me by not appearing to be bothered at all by reading for several hours. And if you are not affected, that is great, but I have always preferred not to finish a book in a single sitting.

If you too get tired eyes or like to have a break, then be glad, for this post is completely dedicated to activities to do on these breaks!


Rest This may seem like a bit of an obvious choice, but it is important to remember when you are sitting in a now-dark room with your eyes glued open trying to finish this chapter, then this one, and--oh!--just a bit more....Resting is simple. All you have to do is put down your book, take a few deep breaths, and maybe close your eyes. (Warning: You may fall asleep.)

Talk Human interaction may be good if you have completely ignored everyone to read.

Visit Good Bookstagram Pages/Book Blogs When you are reading, you get in the book-ish mood, and I think that it's nice to stay in it! So why not catch up on some of your favorite #bookstagram pages or book blogs? (I highly recommend the blog Honest Book Talk; I absolutely love their reviews!)

Have a Snack or Something to Drink It's good to refuel, and it will give you the energy you need to read that book you must read for school by tomorrow. A healthy snack would probably be better, but if you must, indulge in some junk food.

Write Writing and reading are related, and once you have read a bit, it is possible that you may have inspiration to write! If you do not feel like writing a story, essay, etc., then you can at least write down several words or writing techniques that you liked in the reading.
With that, I hope that you all have a good time reading, and be sure to take a break now and then!

What's another fun thing to do on a reading break? Drawing! Check out the post Zentangle!
"Zentangle is a method of "tangling" different patterns together to create wonderful works of art. The idea is to allow patterns to flow into each other. While the intricate designs may seem to be too complicated, they actually are quite simple. If you look close enough, you'll realize that..." Read more

Comments

This Month's Popular Posts

Welcome

Welcome to Reading is Inevitable! This blog is run by two teens--Em and Julia--and will mainly be about books, but will also include posts about art, games, and whatever else comes up in our lives! Our first actual post will be posting tomorrow (it will be a book review!) and we would love for you all to check it out! We also have an Instagram page ( @readingisinevitable ) and an e-mail address ( readingisinevitable@gmail.com ), so if you wish to contact us, please do so through one of those or through the comments section. Now, we could just leave it at that, but we think that it would be nice for you to get to know us a bit more first!

Book Review: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Title: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes Author:  Anna McPartlin Genre: Realistic Fiction Rating: 4 out of 5 Reviewer: Julia I can't believe how amazingly wonderful this book is. I can't believe that I put off reading it for so long. (I've had the book sitting with my other TBR books for at least a year now.) This book is beautiful and so well written, and it snagged at my heart, bringing a few tears to my eyes.

Quotes: Audacity

As some of you may know by looking at my posts on our social media page (@readingisinevitable on Instagram), I am currently reading Audacity by Melanie Crowder. It is a beautiful book written in free verse, and follows the life of Clara Lemlich, a female Jewish immigrant who came to America in the early 1900s. (For the full summary of the book, click here .) I absolutely love books written in free verse, or any type of poetry, in fact! This book is so lovely that I have decided to dedicate a whole post to some of my favorite quotes or parts! (Note: I am only on page 294, and there are 366 pages, not including the extra content at the end of my local library's copy.)

2017 Reading Goals

So, since 2017 is officially here (and has been for about two weeks), I figured I might as well post about our reading goals for the year! I'll also attempt figuring out all of the books I read in 2016, but I know it'll be far from accurate as I did not write it down and I know I won't remember everything! For 2016, I actually didn't make any reading goals. I just wanted to finish one book a month, I guess! I can happily say that I did complete this very small goal of mine. (Some people aim for 100 books a year!)