Skip to main content

Two-Day Barnes & Noble Haul



Hello everyone! So a long long time ago on the 26th and 27th of December, Em and I went to Barnes & Noble and got some goodies. Since we got a good amount of stuff, I figured I might as well share what we got because who doesn't like that? (Especially all of you bookworms out there, the majority of my readers if not all of them, haha.) Between the two of us, we got a total of eight things, four each.

Day 1 - December 26th

It was a good day, and a fun car ride for Em, as she was playing with her peach-colored slime. Downside of that is sticky fingers and needing a certain someone (me) to help her clean up, but it was alright for the most part.

After poking around a bit, looking at various things and going to the knickknacks and such first on Em's request, we both had two things we wanted to purchase. I had decided on two books; for Em it was a book and a little collectable. 



The first book that I got was I Wrote This For You by Iain S. Thomas. In the Barnes & Noble we happened to be at, there was a little poetry display on the end on one of the bookcases (fun fact: it's actually been there for a few weeks at the least), and this little book just happened to be there. I was drawn to it because of the photography inside, and a now ex-friend had showed me this, so I thought, why not? Plus I thought it would look nice in pictures, haha.

I was originally going to get Salt to the Sea on this first trip, but then realized that the copy was a bit beaten up. There was only one copy, and since I already read this beautiful book, I decided to wait until I saw one in a better condition. Still, I did not want to leave with only one book, so I quickly grabbed a hardcover copy of Ransom Riggs's Library of Souls. It's actually pretty nice without the dust jacket, because it has the signatures of the main characters on it. A sort of farewell, I suppose.

Em got herself Thirteen Reasons Why, a book she recently read and enjoyed on the recommendation of a friend. I'm glad to say that I pointed it out to her, although I'm sure she would have noticed it even if I had not done so. (Of course a special anniversary edition came out soon after, but that's besides the point.)



The little collectable she got was a Yummy World keychain through a blind box. In other words, she didn't know what she was getting! She was very excited to find out that she got a little pink cotton candy keychain named Connie. According to the little box that Connie came in, the possibility of Em getting her was 2/24.

Day 2 - December 27th

What's this? Did we go to Barnes & Noble again? You bet we did! And yes, Em brought her slime and made a bit of a mess. She also brought her new little cotton candy key chain, Connie.



We went to a different Barnes & Noble this time, which means different stuff! And do you know what I found? I was lucky enough to find a signed copy of Salt to the Sea, with a much prettier front cover, too, I must admit. I loved this book so much and am thrilled to have a signed copy now. I always thinks it nice when authors add "something extra" to their signature, and Ruta Sepetys wrote in "Freedom!"



The other book I got was one that I couldn't find the previous day. I was looking for it, but couldn't find it. I was sad when I thought I couldn't find it on the 27th too, until I stumbled across it in a special display of top reads of 2016! The book I speak of is Kristin Hannah's The Nightingale. It has such a beautiful dust jacket, and the front cover itself might be considered "plain" by some, but I love the colors and you might see it in some pictures soon, haha. (I think I'm just partial to blue books.)

This time Em didn't get any books! Imagine that! No, she doesn't want to spend too much money (especially since she's been saving up for a special lense), so she just got herself some more cute collectables. Since she liked the idea of a blind box, she got two more of them.



One was a Labbit Classics blind box and the other a series 1 Num Noms Blind Bag. She got a little magician labbit in a hat. The possibility of her getting this specific labbit was 3/50, and, even though it's not a rare one, I find it to be adorable!



The other item she got was a little container of lip gloss with a cute cover to go over it.

And...that's our little Barnes & Noble haul! Out of the stuff I got, I might like my copy of Salt to the Sea the most just because it's signed, and Em loves her li'l labbit the most!

Comments

This Month's Popular Posts

Welcome

Welcome to Reading is Inevitable! This blog is run by two teens--Em and Julia--and will mainly be about books, but will also include posts about art, games, and whatever else comes up in our lives! Our first actual post will be posting tomorrow (it will be a book review!) and we would love for you all to check it out! We also have an Instagram page ( @readingisinevitable ) and an e-mail address ( readingisinevitable@gmail.com ), so if you wish to contact us, please do so through one of those or through the comments section. Now, we could just leave it at that, but we think that it would be nice for you to get to know us a bit more first!

Quotes: Audacity

As some of you may know by looking at my posts on our social media page (@readingisinevitable on Instagram), I am currently reading Audacity by Melanie Crowder. It is a beautiful book written in free verse, and follows the life of Clara Lemlich, a female Jewish immigrant who came to America in the early 1900s. (For the full summary of the book, click here .) I absolutely love books written in free verse, or any type of poetry, in fact! This book is so lovely that I have decided to dedicate a whole post to some of my favorite quotes or parts! (Note: I am only on page 294, and there are 366 pages, not including the extra content at the end of my local library's copy.)

Book Review: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Title: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes Author:  Anna McPartlin Genre: Realistic Fiction Rating: 4 out of 5 Reviewer: Julia I can't believe how amazingly wonderful this book is. I can't believe that I put off reading it for so long. (I've had the book sitting with my other TBR books for at least a year now.) This book is beautiful and so well written, and it snagged at my heart, bringing a few tears to my eyes.

Book Review: This is Where it Ends

Title: This is Where it Ends Author: Marieke Nijkamp Rating: 4.15 out of 5 Genre:  YA Realistic Fiction Reviewer: Em "Everyone has a reason to fear the boy with the gun." This book is incredibly interesting. After you read the title and the inside cover, you already want to sit down and read it all they way through. Why else would I read it for five hours on a weekday, and then read another hour the next day to finish it? This story is told from four different perspectives, and the story happens over fifty-four minutes. It is about four seniors starting a new semester when a familiar face becomes a school shooter.