Skip to main content

September 2016 Reflection

It's time for me to do our monthly reflection and I really don't feel like doing it because I am not proud of what I did this past September for our blog and bookstagram. Certain things (which I'll get to in a bit) are doing well, but I just don't feel like I am doing anything. (Explanations will come shortly.)

If you are new to our monthly reflections, let me catch you up. In these little reflections, I look back at how the month was for our Instagram and blog, by looking at statistics along with my own thoughts and opinions. I also look ahead and write about what will hopefully happen in the next month, in this case October.

Looking Back Into September


The Blog
If you look at it one way, we did well in September. But if you look at it in another way, the blog didn't do well this past month. What's good is that the blog got 655 pageviews this month, which is about 23% more views than last month!

The bad thing is that I really did not post this month. I only posted six times this month, when I should have posted three times, meaning that I missed three days of blog posts, including this one, which should have posted last Friday, September 30th. I guess I have to get used to writing blog posts and going to school again. Looking back, I started writing all of the blog posts around May, when Em only wrote one blog post. However, at that time, I still had posts stocked up and some extra time because homework became more and more just studying for finals. This was my first month with a good amount of homework and writing all of the blog posts....I don't know how I'll survive October, especially because I've already missed a posting day.

Note: This part was written back in early October; I really didn't "survive" October, now did I?

Instagram
I forgot to write down how many followers we had at the end of September, but I think it was 703 or a little more, meaning that we gained about 243 followers this month. Some other things that happened this September were...

  • September 14th: Our second feature on @bookstagramfeatures, a feature account for bookstagram accounts
  • September 26th: Our second feature on @bookworm_insta, a feature account for bookstagram accounts
  • September 29th: 700 followers

Goals
So...I didn't exactly complete my goals for September:


  1. Sorta? Some posts got a good amount/more pageviews, but others still had a low number. I'm glad to see that some people are enjoying my posts, though.
  2. Ha! That's funny! No, I did not use our posting schedule. I started to use it in the beginning, but then, as you probably know already, I had a lack of inspiration along with school assignments that led me to not writing blog posts and thus not using my posting schedule.
  3. Huh? Was I supposed to do that? Yeah: I definitely didn't do that. I kept on thinking about it, but never actually got around to doing anything? Heh heh...

Coming Up in October

So...the problem is this: October is already basically over. Agreed? Agreed. I mean...it's already the 24th of October, which only leaves two more posting days in this month. I'll probably have an apology post along with a book review on Salt to the Sea that I started to draft in late August but completely forgot about and never worked on again. 

Comments

  1. You have some really great stats in terms of increased page views and Instagram followers. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would like to hear from you! What did you think of this post? Do you have any suggestions? Then please leave a comment. (We allow anonymous comments too!)

This Month's Popular Posts

Welcome

Welcome to Reading is Inevitable! This blog is run by two teens--Em and Julia--and will mainly be about books, but will also include posts about art, games, and whatever else comes up in our lives! Our first actual post will be posting tomorrow (it will be a book review!) and we would love for you all to check it out! We also have an Instagram page ( @readingisinevitable ) and an e-mail address ( readingisinevitable@gmail.com ), so if you wish to contact us, please do so through one of those or through the comments section. Now, we could just leave it at that, but we think that it would be nice for you to get to know us a bit more first!

Quotes: Audacity

As some of you may know by looking at my posts on our social media page (@readingisinevitable on Instagram), I am currently reading Audacity by Melanie Crowder. It is a beautiful book written in free verse, and follows the life of Clara Lemlich, a female Jewish immigrant who came to America in the early 1900s. (For the full summary of the book, click here .) I absolutely love books written in free verse, or any type of poetry, in fact! This book is so lovely that I have decided to dedicate a whole post to some of my favorite quotes or parts! (Note: I am only on page 294, and there are 366 pages, not including the extra content at the end of my local library's copy.)

Book Review: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Title: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes Author:  Anna McPartlin Genre: Realistic Fiction Rating: 4 out of 5 Reviewer: Julia I can't believe how amazingly wonderful this book is. I can't believe that I put off reading it for so long. (I've had the book sitting with my other TBR books for at least a year now.) This book is beautiful and so well written, and it snagged at my heart, bringing a few tears to my eyes.

Book Review: This is Where it Ends

Title: This is Where it Ends Author: Marieke Nijkamp Rating: 4.15 out of 5 Genre:  YA Realistic Fiction Reviewer: Em "Everyone has a reason to fear the boy with the gun." This book is incredibly interesting. After you read the title and the inside cover, you already want to sit down and read it all they way through. Why else would I read it for five hours on a weekday, and then read another hour the next day to finish it? This story is told from four different perspectives, and the story happens over fifty-four minutes. It is about four seniors starting a new semester when a familiar face becomes a school shooter.