Skip to main content

Bullet Journal Update: One Month



About a month ago, back in July, I had published a post on how to create a bullet journal. I went through the basics of a bullet journal and briefly covered the uses for a bullet journal. (If you haven't read that post yet, click here.) That post was also partially on my own bullet journal, and how I was choosing to set it up.

That was July, and now August is here. So, how did I do with my first month of bullet journaling? Read on to find out, and to see my bullet journal plans for this month.
I really did not do well with my first month of bullet journaling. In fact, I didn't even finish the month. My last entry was Wednesday, July 13th, and I didn't even finish that! If you look closely, you'll see that I did not complete the "journal" part of my bullet journal.

This was my last bullet journal page in July.

The next few days after the 13th, I had thought about starting again, but I never did get around to it. I just stopped completely. I did not write in my index.

An empty index.

I did not use my little monthly calendar.

No dates here!

I didn't even check off my goals (I still completed a good number of them!) or fill in the boxes for the #sammyreadsjuly16 photo challenge.

(I think this picture is almost identical to the one in my other
bullet journal post.)

However, I still had a good run from July 1st through the 12th. I filled out the daily pages, and even added a little design to the page for the 4th through 6th.

My daily logs for July 1st-6th.

I also added an extra page from when I went to Barnes & Noble, in which I made a list of books I wanted. (I ended up buying The Goldfinch.)

A list of books I was thinking about buying. (I bought The
Goldfinch.)
Still, I would like to have a better and longer run this month in August. I even dedicated this page/divider to keeping up with my bullet journal. After all, I think that it really can be a useful thing to plan with, and I think that having to make and design the pages yourself gets you more engaged in the planning.

I created this as both a reminder and a divider for July
and August.
For August, I am not changing things up too much. After all, I haven't even tried my system of bullet journaling for a full month! I still have the same color coding system and set-up for my monthly calendar.

My August Calendar with the same set-up and color coding.
For my monthly goals page, however, I have decided to shake things up a bit. I still have a section for personal goals and blogging goals. I also still have the section to track our progress for the photo challenge we are participating in on Instagram. But I have also added a combined monthly tracker that allows me to see how much I have read, cleaned my room, wrote in my journal, and gone outdoors throughout the month!

My new and improved August goals section.

I also have a slight change in my daily logs. Instead of having six extra boxes of space for me to work with, I have gotten rid of them and decided to use them for the logs themselves. I also made an extra slot on the side (I used to only have two) so that I can draw a flower there. (Ever since drawing those flowers for my DIY bookmark post, I have been drawing flowers almost every night!)

My daily logs...so far.

I am not exactly sure how this will all work out. If I have any major changes, I'll be sure to let you all know either through the blog or through our bookstagram. How is your bullet journal going? I would love to know!

Comments

  1. Bullet journaling just seems so fun, but I'd be so bad at it. I don't think I could do that t for even a week without forgetting and moving on to do something else. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would like to hear from you! What did you think of this post? Do you have any suggestions? Then please leave a comment. (We allow anonymous comments too!)

This Month's Popular Posts

Quotes: Audacity

As some of you may know by looking at my posts on our social media page (@readingisinevitable on Instagram), I am currently reading Audacity by Melanie Crowder. It is a beautiful book written in free verse, and follows the life of Clara Lemlich, a female Jewish immigrant who came to America in the early 1900s. (For the full summary of the book, click here .) I absolutely love books written in free verse, or any type of poetry, in fact! This book is so lovely that I have decided to dedicate a whole post to some of my favorite quotes or parts! (Note: I am only on page 294, and there are 366 pages, not including the extra content at the end of my local library's copy.)

Welcome

Welcome to Reading is Inevitable! This blog is run by two teens--Em and Julia--and will mainly be about books, but will also include posts about art, games, and whatever else comes up in our lives! Our first actual post will be posting tomorrow (it will be a book review!) and we would love for you all to check it out! We also have an Instagram page ( @readingisinevitable ) and an e-mail address ( readingisinevitable@gmail.com ), so if you wish to contact us, please do so through one of those or through the comments section. Now, we could just leave it at that, but we think that it would be nice for you to get to know us a bit more first!

Book Review: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Title: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes Author:  Anna McPartlin Genre: Realistic Fiction Rating: 4 out of 5 Reviewer: Julia I can't believe how amazingly wonderful this book is. I can't believe that I put off reading it for so long. (I've had the book sitting with my other TBR books for at least a year now.) This book is beautiful and so well written, and it snagged at my heart, bringing a few tears to my eyes.

Book Review: This is Where it Ends

Title: This is Where it Ends Author: Marieke Nijkamp Rating: 4.15 out of 5 Genre:  YA Realistic Fiction Reviewer: Em "Everyone has a reason to fear the boy with the gun." This book is incredibly interesting. After you read the title and the inside cover, you already want to sit down and read it all they way through. Why else would I read it for five hours on a weekday, and then read another hour the next day to finish it? This story is told from four different perspectives, and the story happens over fifty-four minutes. It is about four seniors starting a new semester when a familiar face becomes a school shooter.