Skip to main content

How to Put Your Daily Goals in Focus


I know I haven't written a blog post in a while, but all of a sudden I really want to share stuff with you guys. Today I'm going to share with you something that I have been only doing for two days, but I feel is very useful. Now this idea isn't ground-breaking; you might already do it, but maybe in a different way.

Recently I have been creating To Do lists. I know, this is life changing (not). But that's okay. Instead of putting "Get milk", or putting other reminders that aren't what you really would like to do, make a To Do list of things you want to accomplish in a year, day, or week. If you feel that you don't get time to enjoy yourself, this will make sure you do.


For example, say you want to watch an episode of a show you like, and finish a puzzle one week. That seems like two small things that you should make time for in the week, and wouldn't be to much to ask for. Making a To Do list of what you'd like to do for fun, you can make sure you have some fun time in the week or day, and also that you accomplish what you want to do. If you don't complete something you wanted to do and push it over to the next week, you'll be upset that you didn't get to it. Now, that'll never happen.

Also, if you ever have free time in your day and don't know what to do, you can look at your list. For example, say your taking a break from working on something. How many times have you just looked at your phone? If you check your list, you can find out what to do, and at the same time realize that you can complete something that you wanted to get done, and do have some extra time in the day to do it.

I usually make a list for the day right before I go to bed. A lot of times at night, you may find your mind swimming, and perhaps thinking about the following day. Often times in the morning I'll forget what I wanted to do. Writing it down means you'll remember to do it!

At the end of the day, when you are making your new list, check the things you did complete, and put an "x" by the things you did not. That way, you can move the things you didn't get to to the next day, and also notice a pattern in what you seem to not complete. This may also let you realize how many things you have time for to do in your day, or make you realize that you need to budget more time for yourself. Either way, I hope this has helped!

Comments

This Month's Popular Posts

Quotes: The Nightingale

I realized that, over a year ago, I wrote a post called "Quotes: Audacity" , and that this post did really well (it's actually Reading is Inevitable's most read post!), and yet I never wrote another post of quotes from a book. I liked writing that post, too. I like sharing quotes I like from books. That's why I started doing it on our bookstagram page . So why did I never write another one of these "quote blog posts"? I don't know. But I intend to write at least another one. And that's why I'm here today. Well, there's that, and then there's also the amazing book that is The Nightingale.  If you've read some of my recent blog posts or have poked around a bit, you would know that exactly a month ago I published my book review on The Nightingale , in which I explained my love for it and why you should read it yourself. And while I actually have another post in the works on that book because it definitely deserves more than on

2017 Reading Goals

So, since 2017 is officially here (and has been for about two weeks), I figured I might as well post about our reading goals for the year! I'll also attempt figuring out all of the books I read in 2016, but I know it'll be far from accurate as I did not write it down and I know I won't remember everything! For 2016, I actually didn't make any reading goals. I just wanted to finish one book a month, I guess! I can happily say that I did complete this very small goal of mine. (Some people aim for 100 books a year!)

Welcome

Welcome to Reading is Inevitable! This blog is run by two teens--Em and Julia--and will mainly be about books, but will also include posts about art, games, and whatever else comes up in our lives! Our first actual post will be posting tomorrow (it will be a book review!) and we would love for you all to check it out! We also have an Instagram page ( @readingisinevitable ) and an e-mail address ( readingisinevitable@gmail.com ), so if you wish to contact us, please do so through one of those or through the comments section. Now, we could just leave it at that, but we think that it would be nice for you to get to know us a bit more first!

Book Review: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Title: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes Author:  Anna McPartlin Genre: Realistic Fiction Rating: 4 out of 5 Reviewer: Julia I can't believe how amazingly wonderful this book is. I can't believe that I put off reading it for so long. (I've had the book sitting with my other TBR books for at least a year now.) This book is beautiful and so well written, and it snagged at my heart, bringing a few tears to my eyes.