Skip to main content

Would You Rather Book Tag


Hello everyone! So, this is my first book tag (yay!). I actually wasn't personally tagged, but I happened to find this tag on two of my favorite book blogs (Honest Book Talk and Leslie's Library), and both of them said that they tag anyone who would like to do it, so here I am! This looks like a really fun tag and I'm glad for this one to be my first one! Without further ado, let's begin!

1. Would you rather...read only series or only stand-alone books?
Maybe this is more difficult for some people, but for me, this is easy! Obviously, I would rather to only read stand-alone books. Allow me to explain before you get mad. (Or not.) I tend to prefer stand-alone books because I find them to be more special. With series, I feel like I'm waiting too long to get to the conclusion to that looong problem. Also, sometimes I feel that they are stretched out a bit. Or maybe I would prefer to read stand-alone books because I just read more stand-alone books. In fact, all of my favorite books are stand-alone books.

2. Would you rather...read a book a book whose main character is male or female? 
Uh...I don't really see why this matters. What does the main character's sex have to do with the book? Maybe it's a little important, but not much. I really don't have a preference. (Am I allowed to not actually answer? Oh well: I say I can.)

3. Would you rather...only shop at bookstores or at Amazon?
Sorry, Amazon, but I'll have to choose bookstores. I have actually not gotten many of my books from Amazon, and I find it to be much more fun to let the hours slip away as you wander between bookshelves....That's any bookworm's dream!

4. Would you rather...have all books become movies or TV shows?
I would rather have all books become movies. If a book becomes a movie, then it's pretty much guaranteed that the plot will basically be the same. However, if a book is turned into a TV show, then the general idea of the book and its characters, settings, and so forth will be kept, but the plot will be altered. For a TV show, the writers would have to write new problems and situations for the characters, which was not in the book. For instance, I once saw a part of one of the Little House on the Prairie episodes, and the plot was not in the book at all!

5. Would you rather...read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
As difficult as it sounds, I would rather read five books per week. How could anyone stand to read only five pages in a day? And what if you the page ends in the middle of...a sentence? Anyway, if I read 5 books per week, having blog posts ready would be a breeze!

6. Would you rather...be a professional book reviewer or an author?
I know that if I were a professional book reviewer I could get free books for a review, but I would definitely have to choose to be an author. It has been a dream of mine ever since I was 5 years old (or somewhere around there). That would be a dream come true!

7. Would you rather...only read the same 20 books over and over or get to read a new book every 6 months?
While it may be a little annoying to have to wait HALF A YEAR to read a new book, I would chose to wait. Who could survive on only 20 books? I can't even begin to think of what they would be.

8. Would you rather...be a librarian or own a bookstore?
I would like to own a bookstore. With a bookstore, you don't have to worry about people returning books late or library cards or not having the computers work. Plus, sometimes authors come to bookstores, so...

9. Would you rather...only read your favorite genre or your favorite author?
Definitely my favorite genre. First of all, I don't know who my favorite author is. Secondly, there would probably be more books in my favorite genre than by my favorite author, whoever that may be!

10. Would you rather...only read physical books or eBooks?
Physical books!! I really do prefer to actually hold a book in my hands and to flip the pages myself, rather than swiping and trying to adjust the brightness because it's either hurting my eyes or I can't see. Also, I wouldn't have to worry about my device dying on me.

Well, that's it for this book tag! I tag anyone who would like to do it, and if you do end up doing it, let me know so I can check it out! Happy reading, everyone!

--Julia

Comments

  1. I agree! It's much more fun to browse a bookstore than to buy books online! Plus, I usually get to stop by the cafe and get a snack, too, when I visit the bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with almost all of your choices. But I don't think I could wait 6 months between books, though, and I have several books that I reread every year already (not 20, but I could pick 20). And I do a mix of bookstore and Amazon. I would definitely pick a local bookstore, but the nearest one to me is over a half hour away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would like to hear from you! What did you think of this post? Do you have any suggestions? Then please leave a comment. (We allow anonymous comments too!)

This Month's Popular Posts

Quotes: The Nightingale

I realized that, over a year ago, I wrote a post called "Quotes: Audacity" , and that this post did really well (it's actually Reading is Inevitable's most read post!), and yet I never wrote another post of quotes from a book. I liked writing that post, too. I like sharing quotes I like from books. That's why I started doing it on our bookstagram page . So why did I never write another one of these "quote blog posts"? I don't know. But I intend to write at least another one. And that's why I'm here today. Well, there's that, and then there's also the amazing book that is The Nightingale.  If you've read some of my recent blog posts or have poked around a bit, you would know that exactly a month ago I published my book review on The Nightingale , in which I explained my love for it and why you should read it yourself. And while I actually have another post in the works on that book because it definitely deserves more than on...

Book Review: Audacity

Title: Audacity Author: Melanie Crowder Genre: Historical Fiction Rating: 4 out of 5 Reviewer: Julia Credit for the picture of the cover goes to www.penguinrandomhouse.com. Hello, everyone! First of all, how do you all like our new look? The old one was a little too dark and we wanted something more "light" and "fresh". So say good-bye to the old pink flowers and hello to this new gray-purple-blue theme! (I think of it as the "Iceberg Theme".) Anyway, moving on, I don't know if you recall, but about three weeks ago I published a post on this book:  "Quotes: Audacity" , and has somehow hit #1 for this month's most popular posts, so thank-you for that! It shared a few of my favorite quotes from this lovely book. I quickly finished the book after writing the post, so now I am writing a review on it! One of the reasons why I loved this book so much was because...

Book Review: The Goldfinch

Title: The Goldfinch Author: Donna Tartt Genre: Realistic Fiction Rating: 5 out of 5 Reviewer: Julia It took me a while before finally picking up the book. It took me another shorter but still long while before actually finishing it. I was hesitating at first because of it's great size and the length of the writing (some paragraphs or sentences can stretch for quite some time). When I finally had started the book, it took me a while because I had first slowed down during parts in which the main character and narrator, Theo Decker, was feeling low in spirit due to the death of his mother. At times the long descriptions and sections describing his sadness were a bit too much. The other reason why it took me some time to finish the book (about a month) was because it was so long, my paperback copy of it being a whopping 962 pages long. So I guess what you can conclude is that you need a sort of tolerance and patience to be able to get through this book. But if you are able ...

Book Review: Made You Up

Title: Made You Up Author: Francesca Zappia Rating: 5/5 Genre: YA fiction Reviewer: Emily "'But-but what if this whole place"-I had to suck in air again-'what if everything is inside my head? East Shoal and Scarlet and this bridge and you-what if you're not real because nothing is real?'" This book is told from the point of view of Alex, a high school senior with schizophrenia, which is a mental disease which causes you to have hallucinations, or see or hear things that are not real. She constantly struggles with trying to figure out what is real. Starting her first day of senior year at a new high school, she takes pictures of possible hallucinations, and hopes that no one will ever find out about her. However, there's this boy that looks exactly like her childhood friend, but she had surely made him up, hadn't she?