Skip to main content

Would You Rather Book Tag


Hello everyone! So, this is my first book tag (yay!). I actually wasn't personally tagged, but I happened to find this tag on two of my favorite book blogs (Honest Book Talk and Leslie's Library), and both of them said that they tag anyone who would like to do it, so here I am! This looks like a really fun tag and I'm glad for this one to be my first one! Without further ado, let's begin!

1. Would you rather...read only series or only stand-alone books?
Maybe this is more difficult for some people, but for me, this is easy! Obviously, I would rather to only read stand-alone books. Allow me to explain before you get mad. (Or not.) I tend to prefer stand-alone books because I find them to be more special. With series, I feel like I'm waiting too long to get to the conclusion to that looong problem. Also, sometimes I feel that they are stretched out a bit. Or maybe I would prefer to read stand-alone books because I just read more stand-alone books. In fact, all of my favorite books are stand-alone books.

2. Would you rather...read a book a book whose main character is male or female? 
Uh...I don't really see why this matters. What does the main character's sex have to do with the book? Maybe it's a little important, but not much. I really don't have a preference. (Am I allowed to not actually answer? Oh well: I say I can.)

3. Would you rather...only shop at bookstores or at Amazon?
Sorry, Amazon, but I'll have to choose bookstores. I have actually not gotten many of my books from Amazon, and I find it to be much more fun to let the hours slip away as you wander between bookshelves....That's any bookworm's dream!

4. Would you rather...have all books become movies or TV shows?
I would rather have all books become movies. If a book becomes a movie, then it's pretty much guaranteed that the plot will basically be the same. However, if a book is turned into a TV show, then the general idea of the book and its characters, settings, and so forth will be kept, but the plot will be altered. For a TV show, the writers would have to write new problems and situations for the characters, which was not in the book. For instance, I once saw a part of one of the Little House on the Prairie episodes, and the plot was not in the book at all!

5. Would you rather...read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
As difficult as it sounds, I would rather read five books per week. How could anyone stand to read only five pages in a day? And what if you the page ends in the middle of...a sentence? Anyway, if I read 5 books per week, having blog posts ready would be a breeze!

6. Would you rather...be a professional book reviewer or an author?
I know that if I were a professional book reviewer I could get free books for a review, but I would definitely have to choose to be an author. It has been a dream of mine ever since I was 5 years old (or somewhere around there). That would be a dream come true!

7. Would you rather...only read the same 20 books over and over or get to read a new book every 6 months?
While it may be a little annoying to have to wait HALF A YEAR to read a new book, I would chose to wait. Who could survive on only 20 books? I can't even begin to think of what they would be.

8. Would you rather...be a librarian or own a bookstore?
I would like to own a bookstore. With a bookstore, you don't have to worry about people returning books late or library cards or not having the computers work. Plus, sometimes authors come to bookstores, so...

9. Would you rather...only read your favorite genre or your favorite author?
Definitely my favorite genre. First of all, I don't know who my favorite author is. Secondly, there would probably be more books in my favorite genre than by my favorite author, whoever that may be!

10. Would you rather...only read physical books or eBooks?
Physical books!! I really do prefer to actually hold a book in my hands and to flip the pages myself, rather than swiping and trying to adjust the brightness because it's either hurting my eyes or I can't see. Also, I wouldn't have to worry about my device dying on me.

Well, that's it for this book tag! I tag anyone who would like to do it, and if you do end up doing it, let me know so I can check it out! Happy reading, everyone!

--Julia

Comments

  1. I agree! It's much more fun to browse a bookstore than to buy books online! Plus, I usually get to stop by the cafe and get a snack, too, when I visit the bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with almost all of your choices. But I don't think I could wait 6 months between books, though, and I have several books that I reread every year already (not 20, but I could pick 20). And I do a mix of bookstore and Amazon. I would definitely pick a local bookstore, but the nearest one to me is over a half hour away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would like to hear from you! What did you think of this post? Do you have any suggestions? Then please leave a comment. (We allow anonymous comments too!)

This Month's Popular Posts

Quotes: Audacity

As some of you may know by looking at my posts on our social media page (@readingisinevitable on Instagram), I am currently reading Audacity by Melanie Crowder. It is a beautiful book written in free verse, and follows the life of Clara Lemlich, a female Jewish immigrant who came to America in the early 1900s. (For the full summary of the book, click here .) I absolutely love books written in free verse, or any type of poetry, in fact! This book is so lovely that I have decided to dedicate a whole post to some of my favorite quotes or parts! (Note: I am only on page 294, and there are 366 pages, not including the extra content at the end of my local library's copy.)

Welcome

Welcome to Reading is Inevitable! This blog is run by two teens--Em and Julia--and will mainly be about books, but will also include posts about art, games, and whatever else comes up in our lives! Our first actual post will be posting tomorrow (it will be a book review!) and we would love for you all to check it out! We also have an Instagram page ( @readingisinevitable ) and an e-mail address ( readingisinevitable@gmail.com ), so if you wish to contact us, please do so through one of those or through the comments section. Now, we could just leave it at that, but we think that it would be nice for you to get to know us a bit more first!

Book Review: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Title: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes Author:  Anna McPartlin Genre: Realistic Fiction Rating: 4 out of 5 Reviewer: Julia I can't believe how amazingly wonderful this book is. I can't believe that I put off reading it for so long. (I've had the book sitting with my other TBR books for at least a year now.) This book is beautiful and so well written, and it snagged at my heart, bringing a few tears to my eyes.

2017 Reading Goals

So, since 2017 is officially here (and has been for about two weeks), I figured I might as well post about our reading goals for the year! I'll also attempt figuring out all of the books I read in 2016, but I know it'll be far from accurate as I did not write it down and I know I won't remember everything! For 2016, I actually didn't make any reading goals. I just wanted to finish one book a month, I guess! I can happily say that I did complete this very small goal of mine. (Some people aim for 100 books a year!)