Skip to main content

Book Review: Infinite in Between

Title: Infinite in Between
Author:
Genre: YA/teen fiction
Rating: 4.25
Reviewer: Em

This book was really good. It's about 5 teenagers and their journey throughout high school. They all meet at freshmen orientation. There, they are all placed into the same group, and their group decides to write letters to their future selves. They then make plans to meet at graduation. This book is over their four years of high school.


This book covers a lot of different relationships. Whether between the teens and their friends, classmates, family, or so on, you get to see how a relationship can change over time. You see characters changing into different people, and friends and families falling apart. This book really shows you how much things can change in four years.

A major message in this book is discovering who you are and being yourself. By the end of the book, each character seems to be with who they were meant to be with, and they seem much more them selves. They also seem happier. While one of them struggles with their appearance, and another hangs out with the wrong people, by the end of the story, they have much more clarity of who they are and who they want to be.

In the end of the book, all the characters had memories with each other that none of them would have dreamt of having when they first met. I felt myself rooting for multiple endings, in which some of became a reality. Everyone, in the end, was connected somehow. Even if they had stronger connections with different people, they group of five seemed to form its own little family. It was really interesting to read along with the characters fun, happiness, and sorrow.

This book also went over topics such as allergies, alcoholism, loss, success, talent, sexual abuse, and racial and sexual identity. It was important to look over these topics because they are very true-to-life, and for all you know, these could become important topics in your life one day.

If you are thinking of trying this book, read it! It was a story I loved to devour, and it is a book worth your attention. The characters were very realistic, and you fell in love with them. I chose this book out of a twenty book long TBR list and I'm happy I did!

Comments

This Month's Popular Posts

Quotes: The Nightingale

I realized that, over a year ago, I wrote a post called "Quotes: Audacity" , and that this post did really well (it's actually Reading is Inevitable's most read post!), and yet I never wrote another post of quotes from a book. I liked writing that post, too. I like sharing quotes I like from books. That's why I started doing it on our bookstagram page . So why did I never write another one of these "quote blog posts"? I don't know. But I intend to write at least another one. And that's why I'm here today. Well, there's that, and then there's also the amazing book that is The Nightingale.  If you've read some of my recent blog posts or have poked around a bit, you would know that exactly a month ago I published my book review on The Nightingale , in which I explained my love for it and why you should read it yourself. And while I actually have another post in the works on that book because it definitely deserves more than on...

Book Review: The Nightingale

Title:  The Nightingale Author:  Kristin Hannah Genre:  Historical Fiction Rating: 5 out of 5 ★★★★★ Reviewer:  Julia If you know anything about books, I'm sure that you've heard of this one, Kristin Hannah's The Nightingale . It was popular on bookstagram around the time of its release and is actually the author's favorite book that she has written. It's so good that there's even going to be a movie adaptation that will be released a few days shy of the book's four-year anniversary. (So it's coming out in 2019. A bit of a wait; drats.) BUT, that does not mean that you should hold off reading this amazing book. Because you shouldn't. You should read it right now. Do you need some more reasons? The Nightingale  tells the story of two sisters in Nazi-occupied France. After a difficult childhood and years of healing and trying to forget, Vianne has to watch as her happy life is uprooted. Her husband leaves to fight in the war. The Nazis invad...

Why I Need a Book-Buying Ban

I love books. I mean, you have to know that, right? After all, I have a whole blog dedicated to books. There's also a good chance you came from the bookstagram account I co-run with my sister, so you would also know how much I talk about books over there. (It is a book stagram.) And there definitely isn't anything wrong with liking books. My mom actually said recently that she's glad I'd rather buy books than some other stuff kids my age want, whatever that may be. Except there's a problem with liking books too much: You end up buying a lot of them. Sure, I don't have as many books as others do. I've seen people dedicate three or four shelves just for their TBR books. But I still have over 20, a number that makes Em, someone who practically finishes a book days after buying it, shudder and shake her head. And now I've begun to shake my head, too. Yes, having a lot of books gives me options when it's time to pick a new one to read. Even...

Dear Readers - I'm Taking a Break

Hi, everyone. I guess you've read the title by now, which means I've got some explaining to do. As you may or may not know, I've been writing on this blog for somewhere around a year and a half now. In the beginning, I was very involved. I hadn't had an active blog for a few years, and the whole thing felt new again. I started out by writing book reviews on books I had recently read, and from there had time to finish other books and write reviews on them. And things were going well in the beginning. Even though Em dropped out after a short bit of time, I still kept this blog going.  And then something happened.  I just... started getting busier. I had less time to write posts and I had less books to review as I started reading less. I started to take these unannounced breaks where I'd just disappear for a bit. During those times I wasn't even sure myself when I'd come back to blogging, but I'd always come back at some point. Usually I'd ...