Skip to main content

April 2016 Reflection

April has been our second month working on the blog! It was a fun month, and we love sharing some of our favorite books with you.



Goals for next month

Our goals, or at least my goals for next month our the following:

  1. Make blogging less of a chore. Blogging is supposed to be a fun experience where you can share your opinion. Recently, blogging hasn't been fun for me (ex. this post). I really love blogging, but it seems like when I have to do it quickly because I have no ready posts, that's when I procrastinate doing it. That is why I really need to stock up posts!
  2. Have a couple of posts stocked up (reasons stated in previous goal)
  3. Have pictures ready! Even if the post isn't ready, it is always good to have pictures to put in the post and promote it on Instagram.

Favorite Posts of April

One of my favorite posts of April is my review on Made You Up. It is my favorite book, so obviously I love it!

Another one of my favorite posts is Julia's post on In the Time of the Butterflies. It seems like a great book that I should totally read!

Posts Posting in May

One of the posts that I am looking forward to in May is Julia's review on The Light Between Oceans, publishing on Monday, May 9th. She read it recently and is absolutely obsessed with it! She can't wait for the movie to come out.
Another post that I am looking forward to is my review on Everything Matters!, publishing on the 6th. It is probably my second favorite book, and it is so original. I love it!

I hope you enjoyed our April Reading Reflection!

Comments

  1. Can't wait to see your new posts! I also love the photos you've been using on your blog and Instagram page! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would like to hear from you! What did you think of this post? Do you have any suggestions? Then please leave a comment. (We allow anonymous comments too!)

This Month's Popular Posts

Quotes: The Nightingale

I realized that, over a year ago, I wrote a post called "Quotes: Audacity" , and that this post did really well (it's actually Reading is Inevitable's most read post!), and yet I never wrote another post of quotes from a book. I liked writing that post, too. I like sharing quotes I like from books. That's why I started doing it on our bookstagram page . So why did I never write another one of these "quote blog posts"? I don't know. But I intend to write at least another one. And that's why I'm here today. Well, there's that, and then there's also the amazing book that is The Nightingale.  If you've read some of my recent blog posts or have poked around a bit, you would know that exactly a month ago I published my book review on The Nightingale , in which I explained my love for it and why you should read it yourself. And while I actually have another post in the works on that book because it definitely deserves more than on

Welcome

Welcome to Reading is Inevitable! This blog is run by two teens--Em and Julia--and will mainly be about books, but will also include posts about art, games, and whatever else comes up in our lives! Our first actual post will be posting tomorrow (it will be a book review!) and we would love for you all to check it out! We also have an Instagram page ( @readingisinevitable ) and an e-mail address ( readingisinevitable@gmail.com ), so if you wish to contact us, please do so through one of those or through the comments section. Now, we could just leave it at that, but we think that it would be nice for you to get to know us a bit more first!

2017 Reading Goals

So, since 2017 is officially here (and has been for about two weeks), I figured I might as well post about our reading goals for the year! I'll also attempt figuring out all of the books I read in 2016, but I know it'll be far from accurate as I did not write it down and I know I won't remember everything! For 2016, I actually didn't make any reading goals. I just wanted to finish one book a month, I guess! I can happily say that I did complete this very small goal of mine. (Some people aim for 100 books a year!)

Book Review: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Title: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes Author:  Anna McPartlin Genre: Realistic Fiction Rating: 4 out of 5 Reviewer: Julia I can't believe how amazingly wonderful this book is. I can't believe that I put off reading it for so long. (I've had the book sitting with my other TBR books for at least a year now.) This book is beautiful and so well written, and it snagged at my heart, bringing a few tears to my eyes.